Meet Dr. Ryan Neinstein
Dr. Ryan Neinstein’s approach to aesthetic surgery is rooted in honesty, reality, and the highest caliber of surgical skill.
Dr. Neinstein is a Plastic Surgeon, Board-Certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. After obtaining his Bachelor of Science with Honors in Genetics at The University of Western Ontario, he went on to obtain his Doctor of Medicine at the same institution and now specializes in minimal downtime liposuction.
During his 5-year Plastic Surgery Residency at The University of Toronto, Dr. Neinstein published numerous papers in the areas of hand surgery, aesthetic surgery, breast reconstruction and pediatric facial fractures. One particular research project that examined breast reconstruction for woman with breast cancer was honored with the Best Paper Award at the 2011 American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Meeting.
After his surgical residency, Dr. Neinstein was selected to become one of only two fellows at the most prestigious aesthetic surgery facility in the world – the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital (MEETH). There he was trained in the most advanced aesthetic surgical techniques of the face, nose, breast and body – a skillset that he brings to each and every one of his patients.
HONOURS, AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Article Reviewer, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal, 2012 – current
- Best Paper, American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Meeting, 2011
- University of Toronto, Division of Plastic Surgery, MENTOR CANADA award for Best Resident Clinical Research Project, 2010
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, 2007
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2007 & 2012
- University of Western Ontario Academic Excellence Award: High Standing in the Faculty of Science, 2003
- University of Western Ontario Deans Honours List, 2000-2003
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Award of Honour: Perfect GPA Second Year University, 2002
- Certified First Responder with Multi-Casualty Training-Israeli Ambulance Service, 2001
- University of Western Ontario Entrance Scholarship of Excellence: Entering Average > 90%, 2000
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: Plastic Surgery 2012
- Licentiate Medical Council of Canada 2008
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE), all steps completed August 2009
- Principles of Operative Treatment of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction (AO North America Course: Boston) 2010
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand Comprehensive Review Course (Chicago) 2010
- RM Neinstein; A Matarasso. Liposuction chapter in Operative techniques in Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery Publication 2012, Editor Ari Hoschander.
- RM Neinstein, CR Forrest. Morphology of the inferior rectus muscle in pediatric orbital floor fractures: Clinical correlations and outcome predictors (Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. 2012 March:27))
- R Neinstein, T Zhong, S Hoffer, J Lipa, P Neligan. Intravenous Fluid Infusion Rate in Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction: Important Lessons Learned From 354 Free Flaps (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 128(6):1153-1160, December 2011.)
- RM Neinstein, JG Ray, JM Mahoney, MA Musgrave, PW Connelly. Effect of breast reduction surgery on indicators of insulin resistance: a pilot study (Ongoing study funded by Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation grant)
- LT Dvali, DJ Anastakis, RM Neinstein. Trends with complete digital amputations undergoing replantation surgery: a ten-year retrospective study HAND: Volume 7, Issue 3 (2012), Page 263-266
- LT Dvali, DJ Anastakis, RM Neinstein. Review of Theological and Doctrinal Considerations of Three Religions Impacting Digital Replantation Decision Making HAND: Volume 7, Issue 3 (2012), Page 346-347
- RM Neinstein, GH Borschel, RM Zuker. Staged management of a congenital nevus of the breast and abdomen presenting in a female infant. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2006; 14:91-93.
- RM Neinstein, AB Death, BS Gan. A clinical audit of the combined plastic surgery/physical medicine and rehabilitation amputee clinic at UWO. Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery 2008; 16:23-26.
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Toronto ON, June 2012
- Podium Presentation: RM Neinstein, JG Ray, JM Mahoney, MA Musgrave, PW Connelly. Effect of breast reduction surgery on indicators of insulin resistance: a pilot study
- Congress of the International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Vancouver BC. May 2011
- Podium Presentation: RM Neinstein, CR Forrest. Morphology of the inferior rectus muscle in pediatric orbital floor fractures: Clinical correlations and outcome predictors
- Annual Meeting of the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgeons Outstanding paper session, Cancun MX, January 2011
- Podium Presentation: R Neinstein, T Zhong, S Hoffer, J Lipa, P Neligan. Perioperative fluid considerations to minimize early postoperative complications in free flap breast cancer reconstruction
- 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Toronto ON, October 2010
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Halifax NS, June 2010
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Quebec City QC, June 2006
- Poster: LT Dvali, DJ Anastakis, RM Neinstein. Trends with complete digital amputations undergoing replantation surgery: a ten-year retrospective study
- Great Lakes Hand Society Meeting/5th Annual Ralph T. Manktelow Lectureship in Hand Surgery, Toronto ON, October 2005
- Podium presentation: LT Dvali, DJ Anastakis, RM Neinstein. Trends with complete digital amputations undergoing replantation surgery: a ten-year retrospective study
- Educational Foundation of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons: Outcome Study Grant 2008
- The Physicians’ Services Incorporated Foundation Grant for resident research 2008
TEACHING & EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS
- Internal review advisor, University of Toronto, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2010
- Invited reviewer and advisor of the junior rotations of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Study Review Committee, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre 2009
- Invited reviewer for a randomized, prospective study comparing the safety and efficacy of chemoprophylaxis plus sequential compression devices versus sequential compression devices alone for the prevention of venous thromboembilism in lower trunk plastic surgery
- Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, 2004 – 2007
- Tutor in cadaveric and clinical anatomy for first year medical students
- Organized curriculum which involved weekly cadaveric demonstrations and preparation of clinical reference material
The design and development of this website adheres to the Advertisers Guidelines for Compliance with ASPS Code of Ethics. To obtain a copy of the written Code of Ethics and / or the executed Guidelines for Compliance, please make your request in writing to Dr. Ryan Neinstein.